Thursday, October 8, 2009

Snow! Right Now!

Sitting in Goodland Kansas in the snow tonight. We had a service job today in Colby and came as far as Goodland. Looks like tomorrow will be the only nice day left for a week....so we will head it on in and put Bessie in the warm building tomorrow. I am busy packing up What will go and what will stay. Tired tonight, but not too tired to watch the Nebraska Football Game. They're playing in the pouring rain in Missouri and it looks miserable there too. No pictures now, I don't have time this evening! Last night we stopped in Russell and I told DH at dinner that I had a funny feeling that something bad was going to happen, and I never shook that feeling today. Well at noon my youngest son called and he had to go to the hospital for stitches in his middle finger this morning after cutting it to the bone on tin while installing a furnace! The first Workman's Comp claim he's had in 8 years with the company. I hope that's all the bad stuff. How weird is that? It's really chilly in here, I think we'll have another blanket on the bed. KayCee even covered up with a blanket on the couch. It's supposed to be in the upper 50s tomorrow and very little wind. We only have about a 3 hour drive, so we'll just wait for it to warm up a bit and go for it. Well, better get back to work. I have a feeling this is not going to be the leisurely transition that I hoped for and then to drive all the way to Nebraska yet tomorrow afternoon may be too much and we stay in Co. Springs for a day or two. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment