Thursday, October 1, 2009

Last stop in Missouri

It was intended to be just one night here in Nevada Missouri, unfortunately there's warnings for 40 mph winds for tomorrow.
We will stay another day. I'm looking forward to the rest of Kansas. I will use the rest of tomorrow to plan our sights and finish the outside cleaning.
It is also time to schedule the annual service and maintenance on our coach. That way we can grab it in January and go down the road with no worries, so will check out Cummins dealers and schedule a service for next week. Today started out with a threat of Thunderstorms standing between Branson and our destination. As it turned out, we experienced a shower on the way through Springfield, but otherwise was an uneventful trip. The winds were light, the foliage is flirting with the changes of fall and we got settled here in Nevada just as another thundershower blew through the area.
This park has new owners that have only been here 3 months. It is a very nice clean little park with mini golf, a pool, exercise/meeting room and clean restrooms/laundry.
I had a real good visit with Julie, one of the owners this afternoon. She is from south Texas and has a son on his second tour in Iraq, due to come home in two weeks. We found we had a lot of things in common and I learned that being with another military mom, no matter how long it's been, those memories still bring on the tears......for both of us! She is doing some of the exact same things that I did before my son arrived home, only her son is stationed in Hawaii, and she can't go meet his plane like we did.
My prayers are with all of them that he makes it home safe. There's a cool down in the evenings now, we run the heat pumps at night. We took a drive around this town late this afternoon and had supper at a recommended Mexican restaurant. They have a Walmart and we drove through the parking lot, and as we did, DH asked me if I needed anything, and I said "No...but it always just sucks me in!" He added, "It's too bad we didn't bring a camera" He's such a smart... sometimes....Now watch me end up there tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment