Monday, April 5, 2010

Earthquakes, Aftershocks and Wind!

We felt the 7.2 earthquake centered in northern Mexico yesterday afternoon. Coincidentally the RV Resort that we are headed to this week is only a very few miles from Calexico and Mexicali Mexico.
The big Baja Race that DH is going to be a part of, starts at Mexicali. It isn't until the end of April, so hopefully things will be back to normal and we won't have any more. I didn't know what I was feeling at the time of the earthquake,the palm trees were doin a dance and I bet the pool was sloshing about. Shortly afterwards we got a phone call from our friends in Newport Beach and they informed that's what was going on. Meanwhile, I haven't felt any of the aftershocks today and I am continuing on getting ready to depart the desert valley after being here for the past 3 months. The next couple of days will be packed with cleaning up and packing up. The wind is blowing a gale this afternoon, but it's 83 degrees. The rest of the week looks to be sun filled, and that's a good thing. DH plays has his final tee time in the morning and goes shooting with the guy from Phoenix Wednesday. We are going out for Supper tonight with Bunky, whos been busy getting ready for the big Country Music Stampede that he's playing in Florence next week. This morning he said the tickets to get into the VIP Lounge are $600.00. I said "I love ya, but not that much!"lol I hope they at least get a meal for that price! I just get to hear what happened after the fact! I'm looking forward to exploring the Southeastern part of California in the next month, and starting to plan our time at the Grand Canyon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment