Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Greetings and Happy Easter to all from Eloy, Arizona! The sky diving capital of the world. True. The planes are busy dropping jumpers again today and the Hot Air Balloons were busy this morning. It's hard to believe we're into April already. Spring is most definitely here in the valley, and almost 3 months have passed since we arrived here. We will be working to button things up around here and get ready to head out on Thursday the 8th. We are heading west from here down I8, through Yuma and across into California. Next weekend the prep begins for the great Baja Rally, down through the Baja penninsula of Mexico. DH and a friend are taking a 1966 Volkswagon for a 1000 mile ride.

Yesterday was another interesting day in the city. We started out on Hwy 60, checking out a couple of RV Golf Resorts in the Gold Canyon area on the east side of Phoenix. I'm still not very impressed although I like the area and what it has to offer. Very pretty surroundings, and I like the rich feel of the ammenities, but there's no room and the rigs are squished in like sardines amongst the park models. We went to our friend's place in Gilbert. DH has had lots of fun getting to know this Nebraska native better. They went golfing yesterday while KayCee and I hung out at his place by the pool. The dog wasn't convinced she wanted to stay however,and I had a rather difficult afternoon with her! She spent about an hour by the pool watching birds and golfers on the nearby golf course, and then she tired of that game. We had to made numerous trips around the house looking over all of animal and bird mounts. He has a new "Musk Ox" in the formal living/dining room and moved the brown bear to the corner of the family room by the patio door!
She walked cautiously around inspecting all of the mounts and then that was it, she headed for the foyer and was ready to go to the car! Nothing I did would convince her that we were o.k. and needed to stay there. I stubbornly sat down to watch a movie and she tried to bury her head underneath me. I think something about those big, still animals was very unsettling to her.
When the sun went down and it cooled off a bit, I put her in her kennel in the car and she was happy then. The guys showed back up after dark and we headed to a very good Italian Restaurant for supper. We finally made it back home after 10. I got up early, made devilled eggs and green bean casserole for our Easter dinner this afternoon at the clubhouse. It will be our last gathering I suppose. Most all are gone now until next year. It is a sunny warm day and if all goes well, I may make one last outing to the pool this afternoon. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment