Friday, May 14, 2010

A Long Day but We Made It!

We said our goodbyes this morning and got on the road by 9:30. By 4:30 we had made our way up State Hwy 95, through a lot of military "Proving Ground" and climbing through the hills with ease. We stopped for lunch in a vacant lot in Parker AZ. and continued north to Exit 9 and headed east down I 40 through Kingman, traveling along the old Route 66 Hwy. All kinds of signs to watch for Elk and falling rocks, neither of which we saw! I didn't take any pics, as there were too many bugs on the windshield. Seven hours and 331 miles later, we pulled into the Canyon Gateway RV Park in Williams AZ. We are both exhausted! I guess not used to that long of a day on the road. We got all set up and drove around town for a bit, stopping to a recommended Steak House for Supper. Too full and not long til I'm in the nite nite mode. I am looking up some things for tomorrow, and some things in Williams looked interesting, so we will be going back on Walk About tomorrow. My "Julie the Tour Guide" mode needs to be going and I'm not into it quite yet! It's much cooler here. Hard to believe we were floating in the pool at 6 last night and it was still 90, tonight here it's 49! We will be leaving here next Wednesday,unless we find things that need looked at and then we will stay one more day. We are about 55 miles south of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Our big tour will be on Sunday and a trip down to Prescott on Monday with a stop in the Affinity RV Dealer there. They have a fully stocked store and Service Dept. This is a real "No Frills" RV Park, but off the road, quiet and nice location so won't ocmplain. I'm spoiled rotten after the month I've just spent in Yuma! I love that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment