Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ready to Blow on Down the Road

I decided I needed a day to recoup. I slept past 6 a.m. for the first time in days. Had a leisurely morning and long hot shower.
Decided to do all the laundry today instead of leave it until Amarillo. DH took KayCee to her Spa appointment and dropped me off at the laundry, where I met and visited with our neighbors here in the park. They live in Florida and they are just out on a short trip. He has many health issues, and cannot even visit the Grand Canyon normally because he cannot walk very far. I count my blessings every time I run across someone that is less fortunate.
I am amazed at how in spite of everything, a 4 wire pacemaker and only 30% of his heart working, they are still out on the road, in an older RV, without a tow vehicle. She even had him drive the motorhome down to the office to pick her and the laundry up because she has a bad back! We took one last drive around the down town area and stopped at Twisters for one last trip back in time.
The menu there reminds me of the things we offered at a soda fountain I used to work at many many moons ago! What a trip. I have studied the weather and road conditions along our route on across Arizona on I 40 and into New Mexico tomorrow.



Chance of wind is less and we will be blasting off and trying to get through the blowing dust area before noon. That means I will be up at 5:30! A.M.


I am sharing more pics from our stop here in the Grand Canyon Area.I will also load some into a album for Facebook. It's been fun! One more Bucket list.....check!

No comments:

Post a Comment