Sunday, May 23, 2010

Palo Duro Canyon State Park

Some have said there's not much to see around Amarillo Texas. I beg to differ. Maybe there's not tons of tourist destinations...and stores selling trinkets, but there's certainly plenty to do and see.
We took a drive through Palo Duro Canyon State Park yesterday. It's the second largest Canyon in the Nation.
I was up to take a bunch of pictures and enjoy the day. Well, all we saw from the beginning was do not do this and do not do that, and closed this and closed that. That's after we paid the $10.00 park fee. I was very disappointed in that.
Our state parks are only one focus of the cuts from the imploding economy, but I fear they are all cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Looks like they just want you to show up and give them your money and then go away!
Disgusting! After coming back to town, we drove out of town the other direction and took a look at the "Cadillac Ranch", a Cadillac Car Sculpture built by an eccentric resident many years ago. The cars over the years have been the target of spray painters and I guess now it is expected.
Rather an ugly piece of work out in a field with a mowed path. There's a Gander Mountain Store located right in front of this RV Resort. It sucked DH right in, so we browsed. At that point we decided to get yet even more exercise, and we did something that I usually avoid.
We went to the mall on a Sat. afternoon! After about an hour of that, I was plenty ready to come home. I fixed supper at home and then we took another shot at Wal Mart. I can't seem to get out of there any more for less than $150.00 They love to see me coming! Today was a down day, we are still experiencing some sort of Jet Lag, so spent the day at home with the wind blowing 45 - 60 mph. We're rocking and rolling and may not head to Liberal tomorrow after all. I'm missing the NHRA Topeka Summer Nationals this weekend. Literally MISSING them...still watching the finals on TV tonight. Caught up with all my bookwork today and did a little cooking. Starting to make lists and plan stuff for Cheyenne. It's hard to believe it's coming weekend after next! I want to find a way to be "missing" the wind! I hate it! My weather radio is programmed and we may be in for some rocky storms later. They have a nice basement here at the bath house, but I hope we don't have to test it out! To bed I go, I will get up really early to make the final decision if we move or not. Depends on the wind, but I think we're in warnings for tomorrow all day, so will probably sit still.

No comments:

Post a Comment