Sunday, July 25, 2010

Equestrian Event at Rebecca Farm

It was a beautiful day. We got out to the farm about 10 a.m., and although we didn't know much about what we were seeing and how the scoring went, it was a fun thing to watch. There's only two locations in the United States for this World Cup Qualifying event and one is here in Kalispell.
They flew 18 horses in from the east coast, and some were International horses. We got in on the Cross Country day of the World Class Triathon that was held the last 4 days. This course is about 4 miles around with about 24 jumps. They were working their hearts out, and we just observed in two of the stations.
The other two events were Dressage and Arena Jumping.
I found out that it is very frustrating to shoot pictures of this and I didn't get very good at it in this one setting.
I am always glad to attend things that have to do with animals or wildlife and there was a very large crowd by the time we left, so I am not alone in my thinking! I understand drag racing more, and would be able to sit and watch those for hours. We just spent the morning and moved on. It was a short day as I am getting some things ready to mail for the grandkids birthdays coming up and need a couple days to catch up on laundry and house stuff.
People are really on the go....coming and going from this campground. As I write this a new rig pulled in next to us. They have two King Charles Spaniels. Great looking little dogs...I think I need to meet them before they leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment