Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Pat's Day Tuesday!




Can't wait to get up in the morning and put on my Green, go to the club and eat Corned Beef and Cabbage and drink green tea! 20 years ago it would have been green beer or anything else green, and still it's a good excuse to have a party. In another recent post I talked about our resident Musician Bunky and how he knows several big name Country entertainers. Waylon Jennings got his start around here....I said at the Grey Goose lounge I believe....correction! Sorry bout that. I drove by there today....it's the Galloping Goose! I took off this morning all by myself..and drove down I 10 a few exits, down by the Ostrich Ranch and went to "The Nut House" They have all kinds of yummy stuff and they sell native plants and ice cream. I bought a baby Saguaro Cactus and some Roasted Almonds, and some mixed nuts for the injured person in the house. Drove to the town of Coolidge, they have a nice new WalMart and not nearly the traffic or crowd of the one in Casa Grande. It's nice and clean and new. Bought Groceries and paid a visit to the town Post Office. Mailed a package to Minden NE of some assorted stuff. I have ordered a new CD from Hellanova band and I provided an addressed mailer so can't wait to get that! Got home in time to put away all the groceries that I stocked up on. I figured that we won't be going out much for a while, so I might as well cook. The bad thing is, it's gonna be about 90 degrees every day this week and I'll have trouble getting in the mood! Anyway, we won't starve. Stopped at a Fruit and Vegetable Stand on the way home and got Oranges, Grapefruit, tomatoes, mushrooms and red peppers. Awesome produce...it's so fresh. We finally finished all the citrus that our friends up north gave us off their trees. I whipped up a Chicken, Broccoli and stuffing casserole for our usual Monday pot luck supper. Practically everyone else that brought a main dish, made something with rice! Brought a plate of stuff home for DH and he got up long enough to eat and right back to bed he went. I will follow before long. It's been a long day today and I will need my strength for tomorrow....! Party on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment