Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Is It a Fire Breathing Dragon!



Since DH has been down in the back, my first item on the agenda is to get up and get some clothes on and take the fur kids out for their morning potty walk before breakfast. Well this morning was no different. 7:30 a.m. It was cooler, about 47 degrees, thanks to the latest storm front rolling through. I grabbed my trusty walking jacket and threw on some jeans and my sherpa lined sorel slippers, attached the dogs to collars and leashes and pushed the door open to a welcoming sunny morning! All of a sudden, I hear a great big "Whooosh!" right directly over my head. Sounded like a huge gas grill being lit! Still being about half asleep and not having very quick reflexes, it startled me and I thought, "Oh my! Is it a Fire breathing Dragon??" Upon looking up...I saw this huge baloon and basket with people in it, right directly over my head! I almost ducked! I did duck back inside and grabbed the camera, and by the time I got back out the door it had moved over a little and was landing just on the other side of the resorts boundary wall! One of our Rangers was watering, and he stood there and watched with me! Lots of times they are visable but usually they don't land this close. That area over there is natural desert and I couldn't believe they would put down there and have to deal with the cactus and stickers and such. They start out not far from here at the Eloy Airport...we have a brochure in the clubhouse that advertises the rides. It is $75.00 for a half hour! I am too height challenged for that! No desire to go up, but I think they are pretty amazing to watch and I'm content to stay on the ground, but I have to say...this one really startled me this morning!

The rest of the day was pretty normal. I had all kinds of bills to pay, a load of laundry to do and we had to leave to go to DH's Chiropractor Appt. at 2:00 p.m. We drove to another resort this afternoon to look up some folks that are from Ne. that we know, but they weren't home, so we took the fur kids to the dog park while we were in town, and then we went for supper at Mimi's Cafe. DH is getting up a little more every day and walking a little better. He has one more appointment on Friday morning and then we'll see how he is. I got the tickets for the Las Vegas NHRA Nationals in the mail yesterday, but if he's not lots better, we won't move. I have a route plotted that will miss Phoenix and most of the traffic.. but we still won't go if he's still real sore. I'm pretty happy to have gotten a copy of my youngest son (the Hellanova Drummer) new CD! We listened to it today and even though it's not my music of choice, I like it! Well, it's the end of the day, and I end the day in the same manner as the beginning. KayCee is staring at me and sitting in front of the door! She is ready for the last trip of the night. Then she will be insisting that I go to bed too....so better sign off for now! Never know what tomorrow will bring! I have no plans...some times that's dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment