Sunday, January 24, 2010

Arizona Sunsets

Its been a rather quiet Sunday. We haven't really done anything special, but I think alot got accomplished. Watched the movie "The Bucket List" this morning and spent some time vaccuming
and cleaning out the window sills to get rid of all the sand from the sandstorm. Did a load of laundry and took KayCee on several walks, went in to the gym this afternoon. Took a trip to the Dollar General in Arizona City and went to the weekly ice cream social after supper tonight. DH stayed at the clubhouse for th Benjamin Buttons movie, but I thought one movie today was enough. In between things, I've managed to watch most of both Football Championships today. Neither team that I picked won....it's a good thing I don't bet! Guess it will be the New Orleans Saints and the Indiana Colts in the Super Bowl this year. At this point I'm on to NHRA Racing anyway. Test and Tune happened with Funny Cars yesterday up in Phoenix at Firebird Raceway. Seems like the off season was short this year. Time just flew by I guess. That's o.k. with me, I'm ready to get on with it. One thing here that I never get tired of here is the beautiful pink and red sunset.
My pictures never turn out and do them justice, but when I noticed it tonight I tried again. I'm going to have to drive out in the desert one of these evenings and try to get a decent picture. I think I'll wait a few days though, our road into the park is closed today. There's big potholes where the water flooded over the road and now there's a detour, so I think you'd sink getting off the pavement. We finally pulled back in our lot on the rock but it has been extremely soft all over this park. Some units are even sinking their jacks and having to put board under them. i sure hope there won't be any more storms like the last one. It's rather chilly here at night. More moisture forcast for Wednesday. I do have some pretty great side trips planned, but it has to be warmer than this before we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment