Monday, June 22, 2009

Someone Turn off the Furnace!

OMG!! It's hot now....I don't like it.....any more......! Drag race girl called today and it's 72 out in Corona Del Mar! :( O.K....I want to go back now! This pic is a view from her living room window - it's a fantasy land! Doesn't look to be any relief here this week either. I guess we're in what you'd call the "Dog Days of Summer!" I don't think it's gonna help us much going east. Not much activity out and about today. We got our mail and that always means I have lots of filing, bills and correspondence to keep me busy. I do so much online and paperless that we don't get very much snail mail anymore, which is really nice. I've been online watching all day for the announcement that some kids we know have had their baby....I'm anxious to get word that all is o.k. Cleaned house and invited the camp hosts over to see the coach. He said he'd been wanting to come over ever since we checked in here. They are really nice folks with a 32 ft. 5ver. Finished up my May/June Escapees Mag. and found a letter about boondocking and the Good Neighbor Policy. There's quite a bit of controversy about parking in business parking lots, and lots of cities are passing ordinances to prohibit parking anywhere but RV Parks. We call those "Unfriendly Towns" and stop other places! We haven't boondocked anywhere yet but I keep telling the class I may try to come out to Quartzsite next winter and join them for a few days....we'll see if I can get my courage up. IYQ will get to meet Foofy and Goofy and try out an "Excellent" pot of Speghetti, if I do say so myself! Pretty much all of us know the Good Neighbor Policy, even if we don't use the hospitality of businesses for an occasional overnight, but there's been a few that I've seen when shopping that would make ya shake your head and wonder about the gene pool! Jacks down, slides out and awnings, lawn chairs - you'd think they were tailgaiting or on vacation! I will share these points here, just to say I passed the letter on...no snail mail for this chick if I can help it!
1. Stay one night only! 2. Obtain permission from a qualified individual 3. Obey posted regulations 4. No awnings, chairs, or BBQ Grills (duh!) 5. Do not use hydraulic jacks on soft surfaces (including asphalt) 6. Always leave an area cleaner than you found it. 7. Purchase gas, food or supplies as a form of thank you, when feasible. 8. Be safe! Always be aware of your surroundings and leave if you feel unsafe.


The sun is down and it's still 88 degrees. I think putting my awning out this afternoon saved us about 10 degrees in here. Tomorrow I get out and start the outside work and drag out the checklist for blast off..... DH did some of the maintenance checks today. Batteries and fluids etc. He even got busy and rearranged the basement slides some. Tomorrow I will polish and wash windows (and then watch it rain), he will go fishin' again. Til the next thoughts appear......travel safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment