Friday, June 19, 2009

Yippee it's Friday! Moving Day for us...and 4700 others!

Today was moving day! My day didn't start out too good. Burnt my head with the curling iron and dropped the marble paper towel holder and broke it. It's probably a good thing we didn't travel far...just up to the front of the park. We dumped our tanks and filled up with water, then came around to a long electric only pull through by the entrance to the park. Gone is my nice level site, pretty view of the lake and easy access to the bank for DH to fish. I can sit and watch rigs and vehicles go in and out all day and down to the boat dock and when I get tired of that I'll pull the curtains! We are pumped up so far off the ground in the front that I have to use a ladder to get in and out! (No Glenn, not a wooden step stool, and no, I'm not doin' summersalts out the door! That's just reserved for me coming out of your rig onto the asphalt!) Oh yes I did that at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and don't know yet how I didn't break all kinds of bones! It was a TaDaah moment! KayCee Marie will need to be lifted in and out too. Oh well, it's only 6 nights and we'll be pretty busy the rest of the time now, so it shouldn't matter. Still have good satellite, phone and aircard service though. Talked to Drag Race Girl last night, (http://www.drgracegrl.blogspot.com/) I sure miss her, Glenn and Brodie their Blue Merle Aussie Shephard. She's been busy with promotion of her car and troop support shows. Her story has been published in two drag race magazines so far, and she has more items on her agenda to promote her car and the sport. It's pretty awesome. I'll include links to the magazines, so you can see the articles.. http://www.dragracestory.com/ and http://www.rpm-mag.com/ I'm sure proud of them and it's really fun to watch her race! She recently took the car to Glenn's stepmother's school where she teaches 6th grade. When they got there, the whole school ended up coming out and she had quite a turn out. That's a good way to form future race fans! (DH even likes to sit in her car and get his picture taken!) There's an Indian Pow Wow going on tomorrow in Kearney Nebraska at the Archway by the Interstate . I would like to go because that makes for some awesome pictures and stories, but choose to take DH to his golf outing instead. The last Pow Wow I went to in Casa Grande this past winter was fun but I got the flu. I think I'll pass right now, with all the swine flu germs out and about. I don't think KayCee would do well yet out in the sun all afternoon either. Everything is about her right now. I'm in a protective mode when it comes to my baby girl. We are supposed to have a beautiful weekend. It sprinkled on us this morning while we were dumping and filling, but now the sun is out and not much for clouds. Hopefully we have dodged another weather bullet and DH won't get to test out his Father's Day Present. I got him a rain gauge to replace the one he broke when we got here! Shhhhhh! It's a suprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment