Thursday, June 18, 2009

Topic for the day! Blogs & Websites

Yep...I've read all kinds of blogs today, from all kinds of people who enjoy the RV Lifestyle for all sorts of different reasons. Everyday I learn something. When I first started researching this lifestyle as an alternative to see the country, I discovered several bloggers that had a vast amount of knowledge and had been "Fulltiming" for many years, thus, tons of experience. Some of those folks work full time, just not in one place. Some of those folks just travel around in retirement, not caring to live in one place. One thing is for certain....there is a ton of information about absolutely everything related to an RV, Locations, Experiences and Advice. I don't have all day every day to sit and read on the computer, however, this computer is a wonderful tool. I use it for lots of things, from communication to finance to HELP me I'm Lost!!! DH plays cards.....period.....and maybe once in a great while...he'll read an email from our financial advisor, if I plead and beg!
One man's blog that I try to read daily is Nick Russell's. He's the editor of the Gypsy Journal Newspaper, and has been a full timer for 10 years. w/ww.gypsyjournal.net/blog he and his wife Terry still work on the road. We have met them and attended their winter Rally in Arizona last winter. This picture is of one of the gatherings at their rally at the Pinal County Fairgrounds. Some other sites and blogs that I have discovered are :

http://www.rvnetwork.com/

www.irv2.com/forums/

http://www.dmbruss.com/

These places can be a source of help on any topic of this lifestyle that you may have a question or need assistance about. I have networked with lots of people that know way more than I do! I have gained some comfort by the fact that I have so many places to turn if we get into a fix!

I researched this lifestyle for about 3 years before we retired and actually started in '08. I think it was actually in my blood however, because when I was born, my dad was a traveling salesman and my first home was a 1954 36' Spartan Trailer, pulled behind a Car. We traveled all over the South and Eastern part of the United States, finally settling in Denver Co. when I was old enough to attend school and they needed to set down some roots. I regret that my folks are not around to see what we are doing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment