Friday, July 31, 2009

Air Card and Communication Interruption

I've been having internet difficulties all day. So maybe this will post and maybe not, but I will write a bit and at least it will save. I did get all my bills paid this morning before my Air Card started acting up, then I wanted to send some stuff and it kept booting me off so I called up Alltel and spent over 30 minutes online troubleshooting a problem that in the end was on their side. The Advanced Tech Support people told me that it was all over the network due to some of the tie in stuff with Verizon since our companies are merging (tis the way of the world.)Tonight it seems to be working and my son in NE. called and he has a blackberry and it's not working now. Since I couldn't do any of the research I had planned, I put this aside and we went over and paid for 4 more nights. Played a little and came home even. They're having a concert tonight with a country artist that I've never heard of and there's cars parked in the parking lot as far as the eye can see, so we stayed home. I'm really not much into big crowds anymore. DH like a little kid and the bigger the better! Getting ready to call it a day. It will be a long one tomorrow. We are going to head up the road to the Balloon Festival (at least it's outside!) Then on up to Des Moines for lunch and a party! Couldn't figure out why I'm so tired tonight, until I remembered that we were rudely awakened by a Friendship (Gulf Stream diesel pusher) Coach started and left to idle for quite a while before they pulled out! That's just plain irritating before 8 a.m. Yesterday there was a guy in front of us washing his vehicle in the driveway and this afternoon when we walked home a guy was changing the oil in his vehicle in his driveway. A pop up came in this afternoon and staked a big dog out in the yard and he has barked a lot. Most of these things are no nos in most every campground we've been in. These people obviously are rookies that don't spend time in regular campgrounds or they're just taking advantage of the fact that they don't have rules posted here. If that's the case, what they don't realize, is that they are making it hard on the rest of us. These folks are really laid back and nice here, and it's really cheap and if all that continues, they most likely will be implementing some changes which will affect us all. Not us really, because we kinda follow all the rules to begin with. It just irritates me. I'll climb down from my box now..... That's my vent for today. My search is on for a Polarity/Groud/Open Circuit tester. We follow the old adage of shutting the breaker off at the pole before plugging in the Main of the Coach, however, at times I think the 50 amp that they say is there, isn't, and that's a bad thing. I want one of those plug in testers. Was reminded in an in an RV.NET post that it's a good thing to check polarity and ground before plugging in just to be on the safe side and save ruining or compromising appliances, etc. Tommorow I will search for that tester and Dog Food! Should have some interesting pictures tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment