Monday, July 20, 2009

Iowa's Great Lakes area

A good start to this week, we left the small country setting and the mess of people at WIT Rally in Forest City this morning. Gone is the slow almost non existant internet service, for lack of a tower I imagine. Seems about 95% faster now to my relief, since I will have important stuff to do this week, besides my pictures will load and send lots better! Yesterday we went out and met our neighbors in the campground. I was trying to do stuff and I couldn't even work I was laughing so hard!
These two women had two motorhomes, a new Thor Prisidio Coach, and an old Winnebago Class C(that is their office!). They have a sign and sticker business and were there to attend the Rally as Vendors. The theme of the WIT Rally this year is "WIT STOCK" thus the reason for the peace sign and flower power stickers.
Some of the sayings were hilarious. After the rally, they are getting a hitch installed and are going to pull that old Winnie as a Toad! Now that's gonna be a sight.
Speaking of Hitches. It occured to me this morning while we were going through our routine, getting ready to go, that I'm not for sure how to hook the car up and install the Brake Buddy and switch the car into "tow" mode. I kinda take it for granted that I won't have to do it...I've watched it many times, but could I actually do it if I had to? I can drive this coach, but I choose not to. I've taken the classes and passed the tests. I can parallel park this monster in 50 ft. cones. If anything would happen, and I'd have to hook us up, I want to be able to do it! This week I'm going to work on making a check list of the steps to hook up. Beginning with where everything is stored. Better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment