Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Hope everybody's having a good day! Mother Nature decided that we needed a time out, so she provided us with a constant Frog Drowning Downpour from about 6 oclock this morning on. I took the Frau out to go...and she hates wet feet, and so I had to be out there with her, and we were both wet before we got back in! She had a coat on, and I didn't! The recliner is holding a man and a dog, both sleeping....I have taken this time to put a lot of my pictures on CDs and organize them from the beginning of our adventures in 2008. This weather is not going to be good for BBQs or Fireworks but we got to watch the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest on TV! Whoopie!!! I had planned on seeking out the giant Walnut Rocking Chair, watching a broom maker in action and visiting a General Store from the 1800s today. We may even have to spend an extra day to get these things accomplished. I have been having some computer problems also, and I don't think the connection problem is mine....but am not smart enough to figure it out. All I know is that it's been really slow and sometimes won't let me connect at all, even though I have full bars for reception. I may have to get it looked at, since Monday is mail and bills day and I will need it for more important stuff. It finally let me back on. I thought getting the pics off of here would help. We'll see...... Anyway, a really slow day and I may get some more trip planning done and a few more chapters in my book read. Don't know if they'll go ahead and have fireworks or not. Tomorrow we will venture out and go to Iowa City and see what we can see. Everything around here will be closed because it's Sunday, and we'll be a little stir crazy by then. I'm planning our next move......I think it'll be a good one, even though not very far!

No comments:

Post a Comment