Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Digging In

We literally had to Dig our way back in to our house when we made our way home on Sunday after the Christmas Snow in!
We stopped off at both of the Girls house to visit a little bit and drop off their gifts. I was sorry that they couldn't make it but very glad that they didn't get out on the roads. The drift in front of our house is clear up over the steps!
DH hit it with the shovel and then took the snow blower to it to make a bigger path down the sidewalk. He quit because it was really hard and crusty after the wind and way too tall to get through. I fear he was having way to much fun with this! It will just have to melt itself away! I'm not hangin around to watch that process either! I have hunters again this week and two meals a day, because our Steak House is closed for evening meals Mon. and Tues. So I'm on overload....what's new.It truly looks like a winter wonderland this morning out there. We may have another spot of bad weather coming in tonight. Nothing like the blizzard of '09 though. I can't remember the last time the storms were this bad. The size and duration this year is absolutely crazy! This view is beautiful today and that's as close as I want to get!
Drove back to Kearney yesterday....(the roads were 99% better)to get my car serviced and ready to be in the garage for a lengthy stay. I'm going to be cleaning and packing. D Day is 7 days away! Woo Hoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment