Thursday, December 3, 2009

RV Planning and Maintenance Sitting Still


Well, we've got about a month yet before we hit the road again. It's a lot colder here this week. Today I started researching the latest info that I can find about replacing the tires on the coach. We've gone way past the normal limits on our current tires, as they are original and the numbers say they are 11 years old. Not good, since everyone says the rule is replace at 7 years. We got the two fronts replaced in Grants Pass Oregon this year, and since the garage is in Colorado, I looked at places around there, finding that they aren't the mecca for tires! I started with some RV Dealers. They don't deal with tires on a coach of our size, so they referred me to a Commercial Tire Shop. They recommended Goodyear G670s because they are made from a compound that is supposed to resist weathering and are especially made for RVs. I have read conflicting opinions, some in favor, saying that they were an improved ride, and some lean toward Michelin XRVs. I have even read that the 670s are discontinued, so now what. What ever we decide, I am going to make sure to have the manufactured dates checked before they are installed, so we don't get tires that have sat around for a few years, making the age issue a problem right off the bat. I have put out a call for help on the Escapees forums and they usually shed light on whatever subject I need help with! Thanks guys! And girls! Have been battling a cold and really haven't felt well for a few days. Made one of my "Regular" rediology appointments for PenRad in Co. Springs for the morning of the 6th of January...so it's safe to assume that we will be hitting the road with that out of the way. Could this be the beginnings of "Hitch Itch?" I think it might be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment