Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We may have Dodged a Bullet



We still have lots of snow, about 8" so far. We sat and watched it all day and watched all of the storm warnings on TV. Then this afternoon it kinda let up and we got a ray of hope from the weather forcasters, saying that we weren't going to end up with 14 inches after all, but not to get a false sense of security, because the wind was going to blow and travel is still treacherous. I'm pretty sure that my son will brave the roads and travel tomorrow.
He thinks they are going on from here to Michigan for just a couple of days. I guess the jury will still be out on that one. DH got busy this afternoon late and ran the snow blower all over. We have about another inch on top now. I think by tomorrow we will be able to make our way to our destination if we don't get in blizzard conditions. I have all of the food prepared and am making a list of all of the things to be done to set this up once we get to the hotel. I have catered many events, but this is a solo event for the family and I'm trying to keep the labor to a minimum so I can enjoy the day too! Our mail came today too, and I got through most of the end of the year stuff. Can't believe that 2009 is coming to a close!

No comments:

Post a Comment