Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In Omaha Tonight

We made our way down Interstate 80 this afternoon and checked into our hotel before the real hustle and bustle of the city got too crazy to deal with. I haven't been in the part of town that we need to go to tomorrow for a few years, so we did a "dry run" so I could remember the way! Things came back really quickly, however, I think they even have more snow than we do at home and the streets and roads are a mess! I was kinda embarassed by how dirty our car is, until I got here and looked around, and now I feel we fit right in! I'm really glad I didn't get to wash it! We really have a heat wave goin' on. It got up to a roaring 25 today. I'm pleased with our accommodations here. We ended up in a suite, when I just ordered a king room. It's a good thing! We both have TVs this way! Dueling remotes, just like at home. When I was the General Manager of a hotel in Nebraska in a past life, I also lived on property in a suite. Not really unlike this one, so feel pretty much at home! We have appointments tomorrow and then if DH feels like it we will go out for supper and head back to the west on Friday. I thought I would have shopping left to do but we finished that up Monday, so guess not much to hang around here for. The weather should be good until that time and they are calling for flurries Friday, so as long as we don't get 6 inches of flurries, we should have a great uneventful trip back home. You all know about the best laid plans, and if ya wanna see God laugh, make plans. Well I'll reserve all "plans" for the spur of the moment! We did make the appointment to get our new tires on the coach the 6th of January. The only thing that will change that will be the weather of course. At least they know we're coming! The next item of business to get through Christmas. More comments on that later! Night now!

No comments:

Post a Comment