Friday, August 14, 2009

Dog Day in Missouri

We had a good time on the River Cruise last night! I went off and forgot my camera..but we had a disposable in the car so got some pics anyway.
They took a professional one of us when we boarded and we bought it when we disembarked. The meal on the boat wasn't terrific, but we had a guy playing banjo, harmonica and singing, and the slow lazy ride up and down the river at dusk was very nice. Not too big of a crowd
so was relaxing out on deck after our meal. Today we started the day at Hannibal's new dog park.
KayCee had fun and got some exercise before we headed downtown to the boutique, where she got a bath, new harness, a shirt, boots and some treats! My dog's not spoiled! She really smells good tonight! Spent most of the day, driving around looking at the town, went over the bridge into Illinois on the other side of the river.
Checked out Lovers Leap where the car went over the edge
and they were some mighty lucky ladies! Drove up some really steep hills, but DH knew better than to torture me with a roller coaster descent!
We are going to get some cleaning and work done tomorrow, ready to move on south. Decided to go into town one more time to go to their new cinema tomorow. There's eight theatres, and DH wants to see Harry Potter...Not really my cup of tea, so I will go to a chick flick. The weekend warriors are here in droves tonight and we're right on the end of a road, so a lot of traffic. I haven't stuck my nose out tonight, but I imagine the air is full of campfire smoke. I made pasta for supper and it's finally time to call it a day. I think I can sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment