Friday, August 7, 2009

Monsoon Season in Iowa!

Now to top it all off...it's raining buckets this morning, so on top of the injured half....we're house bound until it stops!
Lightning and Thunder and Rain oh my! My big excitement today will be to go to Orschelns (I found out they have one) and get dog food for the brat dog. Got a note that the resort where we stay in the winter is finishing up the new exercise room that they are building.
That will be nice when you can't get outside in the pool or the walking crew can't walk outside. It truly is monsoon season in the desert right now and they are getting lots of rain, even though it's getting up to 117 or so in the daytime. At least DH got up and took a walk outside before it started raining. He had breakfast and went back and laid down. I do think he's a little better, and walking a little straighter this morning. We can only hope that he continues to improve so that we can leave here on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed for me too! More crocheting, I keep saying that I will not go stir crazy! At some point today I'm going to build a charcoal fire in a grill outside and fix some buffalo steaks and burgers. At least that is a plan, and it surely can't rain all day and night!

No comments:

Post a Comment