Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Very Good Birthday

We really had fun today! It is my Birthday and I got to do a lot of stuff. I feel really blessed to have received so many good wishes and have both of my boys fighting for position on my day! My youngest started it off by wishing my a Happy Birthday 5 days early on Facebook. So he was in 1st place. Then this morning, I had a card and present waiting for me when I woke up! Thanks DH. We went down to Branson Landing and walked all along the lake and strolled through the shops of the Landing before lunch. In the mood for comfort food, we had lunch at Bob Evans restaurant. Smaller version of Cracker Barrel.
I had Chicken Pot Pie and DH had Country Fried Steak. We walked out of there full as ticks! Came home to check on the Frau and we stopped at the office. DH was in on the next suprise. Out he walked with a huge bouquet of lilies, roses and carnations plus balloons! That being from son #1. He doesn't like to be one-uped by his brother, and he most definitely wins for the best suprise!
Love them both. I've heard from a lot of good friends and family today. We went browsing through a 5&dime store downtown...and I got more yarn, now I have enough for 2 projects. Stopped at an indoor course and played 36 holes of miniature golf. I didn't win, but then I don't play as much as DH! I can sit and look at my flowers tonight and spend some time with the frau. She was alone quite a bit today, and is giving us the sad eyes look. Tomorrow is a brand new day in a brand new year for me. I am now officially older than dirt!I got my first Senior Citizen discount today! Tomorrow I think I'll go try out a Segway and then we are going to have a horse drawn Carriage ride around downtown! More the old ones speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment