Saturday, August 29, 2009

Utility Saturday

Rest in peace Ted Kennedy. That funeral and commentary has been on all day. Tonight we moved on to "Woodstock, now and then" It's great to watch that stuff again! I have spent the greater part of my day finishing all the bookwork and receipts for August. I'm pretty proud of myself to be finished! We had a good fish supper last night and today I got busy and made a turkey roast and all the fixins. They have a large front loader in the laundry room here, so I did all of our throw rugs today. I had a meeting this morning with the dog sitting service that will let KayCee out when we are gone all day. That's a pretty cool service. This lady has been here for 40 years and is licensed and bonded, comes with very good references and is rather expensive, so will be o.k. My neck is not getting any better. I may be looking for a chiro in the next few days. It's about painful enough to make me crazy! I don't like to take any drugs, not even Tylenol, and I have been taking that twice a day. We took a ride downtown to the post office this afternoon to mail some things since I missed the mail man here. There's lots of traffic today, you can tell it's the weekend. We will probably forgo any outings until Monday. Haven't heard much from the children. They must all be busy too. Hellanova had a show in Grand Island last night and tonight at Copperfields in Kearney, so I won't hear from that boy. We lost our neighbors to the North today, so we now have a clear view to the end of the camp. It's getting quieter and quieter. We were pulling out yesterday and DH spotted an animal running by the dumpster. Pulled up and I caught site of it and it went in and sat still in the weeds. It was either a Beaver or a Ground hog of some sort. It was about 4 p.m. so that may be why KayCee doesn't want to go over by the woods! Guess I'll spend the rest of this evening with the DH and the little dog. Need to put more ice on my neck and relax now!

No comments:

Post a Comment